Join the lab!
All people are welcome in our lab. People from groups that are under-represented in the sciences are particularly encouraged to apply. We value diversity!
- Open postdoc position: investigating effects of bison grazing and fire on oak savanna restoration at Cedar Creek: visit www1.umn.edu/ohr/
employment and search for job opening ID 320937. Apply by Dec. 15, 2017 for full consideration.
- Open postdoc position: investigating trophic cascades at Cedar Creek: visit www1.umn.edu/ohr/
employment and search for job opening ID 320859. Apply by Dec. 15, 2017 for full consideration.
- Prospective postdocs with funding and with sufficient overlap in research interests are always welcome to apply. Please also feel free to contact me if you would like to pursue other funding opportunities such as the UMN President’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Program (this program seeks to diversify the people and perspectives at UMN), the UMN College of Biological Sciences Grand Challenges in Biology Postdoctoral Program, The Nature Conservancy’s NatureNet Science Fellows Program, the SESYNC-LTER Postdoctoral Synthesis Fellowships, the Smith Fellows Program, or other similar programs that support postdocs. Prospective postdocs should email me a brief cover letter describing your research questions or topics of interest, your CV, and 1 or 2 of your publications.
- Prospective graduate students with sufficient overlap in research interests are welcome to apply. Prospective graduate students should see the EEB graduate program website here, read some of my recent publications, and read this document, which outlines what I expect from my graduate students and what my graduate students can expect from me. If after reading this information you feel that we have sufficient overlap in research interests, please email me a brief cover letter describing your previous research experiences and your research questions or topics of interest. Please also send me your CV, including your GPA and GRE scores.
- Prospective undergraduate students, please learn more about undergraduate research opportunities here, and then send me a brief cover letter describing your interests, indicating which type of research experience interests you, and your resume.